Meet the Staff
The UT Knoxville Alumni Program will advance the university and enrich the lives of students and alumni.
The following values support our mission and comprise our definition of the UT Alumni Program. While our strategic focus may evolve over time, these enduring principles define who we are, what we believe, and how we accomplish our goals.
- Excellence: We go the extra mile. We deliver high-quality communications, programs, and service.
- Innovation: We strive to be an industry leader. Our success depends on continuous improvement, adaptability, and embracing transformational change.
- Traditions: We believe in Tennessee. We cherish the university’s rich and vibrant history and enhance its reputation.
- Inclusion: We value diversity. We welcome all, recognize and value differences, and seek alternative perspectives and inclusiveness in all we do.
- Accountability: We keep our promises. Our reputation rests on transparency, professional ethics, honesty, and fairness.
- Partnerships: We promote collaboration. We develop strategic alliances and use university resources efficiently and effectively.
Our vision is to be a key leader in the university’s journey to become a Top 25 public research university by serving students and alumni and cultivating a strong culture of lifelong connection and philanthropy.
We will accomplish this vision by establishing strong goals around six strategic directions.
- Improve data integrity
: Enhancing the quality of UT’s database is essential to engaging more of the Big Orange family in the life of the university.
- Enhance UT Knoxville’s reputation
: Helping build UT’s brand by developing a consistent message.
- Strengthen student engagement
: Creating the next generation of alumni leaders by involving students in alumni and development initiatives is critical to the university’s future.
- Amplify alumni engagement:
Creating more volunteer and involvement opportunities for alumni are major strategies to advance the university’s goals.
- Increase the number of alumni donors
: Generating 10,000 new donors by 2020 is a key element in the university’s journey to Top 25 status.
- Enhance donor stewardship:
Establishing stewardship—responsible reporting about how donations are used—is part of the alumni program’s commitment to accountability and transparency.
View our strategic plan »